Friday, June 1, 2012

A cup of tea

I'm so tired of terror... actually.. I'm sick from it. Not scared or afraid. I don't believe I will die of a terror attack or a bomb or anything like that. I'm not worried at all about dying, but the terror might just still put me of of my game. What takes me out is the constant treat of other people hurting and tight societies that brake up and are now in "war" against each other. This is a silent fight, at least until we've had a few glasses or get our feelings hurt by words or actions by others (or sometimes even ourself).

I never understood racism. Not until I traveled the world and visited small towns and villages with people were most of them had never seen a white person in their life. Most people are interested in you and not shy about it at all. They'll touch your face and stroke your white hands. But then every place there is always a group that will never come over. I've noticed that this is mostly young fathers and young males, also a bunch of grandmothers. They are scared of me. I don't think I could hurt anyone with purpose if I tried and honestly think my body language will tell you the same story before you even say hi. But I do recon I'm different from the villagers (no point in hiding that) Everything new is for most people a scary thing. At least as long as you have not learned about the dangers. But now? When I was a kid there was really not that many immigrants in Norway at all.

It's said that we need three generations to accept big society-changes. We are still early in the second and I fear that we wont be able to change our views before it's to late and the third world war is a fact. I doubt you'll see the peaceful Europe we know in the future. I believe that the future years, probably many of them, will be a very hard and confusing time for everyone.

The human frustration you can see all over the world these days and probably feel yourself is getting deeper and deeper manifested in our Wikiality. It doesn't help that we are now interconnected and get news feeds about terror and war at least once a day. I just don't understand why it's so freakin' hard with change. It is true that it will never be the strongest and the fittest that survive, it is those who adapt and embrace change. I'll try to recite an old story from India:


An University professor went to India to visit a Zen-temple and talk to a monk and learn about Zen. He sits down, folds his stiff legs and wait for the master to talk. Instead of saying anything the master sets down to cups and first poor himself a cup of tea, all the way to the top. He then starts filling the professors cup, when the tea reaches the top he don't stop, just keep poring tea in the professors cup. The two men look at each other. The monk shows no signs of stopping. The professor don't know what to do, but when the tea starts running on the floor he stops the monk; "It's full!". "Exactly" the monk says, "you come to me to learn about Zen, but your mind is already full and you already have an opinion and feelings on Zen. If you want to learn about Zen, I suggest you empty your cup and let me poor you some tea."

***

Also I'd like to make a note: Something totally different: To countries that do not practice strike as a way of getting better paid. This is NOT the way to go. Well, it might be, but not if your a wealthy country like ours. There's a system that will provide pay for the striking workers for as long as their holding up. If they get it their way and get better paid the grocery-prices, services and taxes will fly like a rocket and in a year we have another strike for yet more money. The result is a huge waste of money and resources for all the people that are affected but not in strike. This mean that people like me and most of everyone around me will suffer from others greed.

I couldn't give a crap about the extra 3 NOK ($40p) an hour when they could just as well take this from the money they get while being on strike. (Some even get better paid while on strike) Because of this strike a prison in Norway just released 57 prisoners before their time. I guess this was awesome for the inmates, it's spring after all. But how in hell does this benefit society? Problem now is that you'll never see the really low-paid go on strike. They're not organized, cause most private businesses prefer that you're not. This so they can make you work around the clock for a very low pay, (within reason and the law) without anyone to support you when you feel unfairly treated.  It's not right, but it's reality and it's been like that forever. When did you last see a waiter on strike?

Strike would never work in the private sector, problem is: If people keep striking our dearly beloved government will probably have to outsource to private sector. Two Norwegian mayors have already gone to media with this information. This again will give them less paid and let's face it. Which private business would be able to afford hiring as many people as the government already does, paid with my tax-money?

"Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience and rebellion that progress has been made."
-Oscar Wilde-

Yes, and I don't like grocery stores that close on Sundays, just because God was tired on the 7th day? Well I'm not. I was when I used to party every weekend but the last years it's been a weekday like any other. The only day that still feels a little special is Saturday. I've noticed that people tend to smile more on Saturdays, I like that.

Have a great day,

Keep walking,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment